Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shhhh


Poor Whine, sorely neglected. Apologies. When we last met, Ma was recovering from a fall. Just before Christmas, she took another, more serious spill. To say things were at sixes and sevens would be an understatement. After another vacation in the hospital and rehab, Ma is home again and things are returning to normal. Bang head here.

I had a little list of anecdotes, but I seem to have misplaced the scrap of paper. Fallout. I'm turning into a weeble.

I have one piece of news, but you have to swear you won't say a word to the Weebles. I usually operate on the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy of the military where the Weebles are concerned. And when confronted, I take my cue from Senate hearings. "I have no recollection of that at this time, Senator."

Down the road apiece, about 5 or 6 miles, a new grocery store opened up last week. Yup, you guessed it in the cheap seats, it's a brand new Mahket. Just like the one I take the Weebles to only newer, shinier and cleaner. So I'm told. Himself went shopping there on opening day. I have yet to set foot in the store, and if I play my cards right, I won't ever have to.

2 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

I have mixed feelings about the mahket. I kinda of enjoy going--when I'm alone. When I have the kidlets, I feel the same as you do about the weebles.

Nutterone said...

I command that you shall never set foot within... Unless YOU want to truly go in. shiny is kinda nice.