Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pogo


"What happened to you?" asked Himself as I limped into the house.


"It started out as as typical Mahket run. I got a handicap space. Ma got a scooter and I trailed behind her at a safe and respectful distance. We cruised through produce..."


"Were any veggies murdered?"


"No. Though one tomato saw us coming, and he leaped from his heap and ran away."


"You mean he suicided?" Himself sat down getting very interested in the story.


"No, he jumped and ran away. Rolled as fast as he could towards the produce room."


"Okaaay. What happened to you?"


"We had made a first past blessing the meat when Ma decided she wanted to go back to look at the pork."


"I thought Ma didn't eat pork."


"She doesn't but she wanted some sausage for Dad. So she makes a turn around the frozen fish case and parks in front of the sausage case. The nose of her cart is pointing back toward produce. I'm behind the scooter pawing through the packages trying to find a package that's not full of fat but cheap in price when a stock boy comes out of the meat room with a baker's tray filled with pork."


"What's that he got?"


The stock boy stopped near us. "Pork," he said.


"What kind?" asked Ma.


"All kinds", answered the stock boy.


"He starts moving behind me to stock the pork chops. Ma decided she wanted to see what he had on the cart so she thumbs the reverse switch and rammmed into me. I'm backing up and yelling stop, stop. Her thumb is frozen on reverse and she accelerated into me. I then tumble like a domino and into the lap of the stock boy."


Himself is laughing.


"Kinda gave new meaning to porked."


"It's a pogo," Himself managed to get out in between laughs.


"A what?"


"Pogo. Pork one, get one." Himself started to laugh uncontrollably.


The limp should be gone in a few days. I just hope that young man doesn't have to spend a long time in therapy.


1 comment:

Linda said...

POGO - that is funny!

You deserve combat pay for days like that.